[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

James Y Knight via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 23 13:07:35 PST 2020

I started to try to write a workaround for this problem using a github
action a couple months ago. The idea is to backup up any ref which is
force-pushed, so the commits cannot get garbage collected. I tested it a
tiny bit, but I didn't get around to testing is whether the action will be
appropriately triggered, with an appropriately-powered secret token, in the
case of a pull request update from a user who is not a committer in the
repository.

(I have the uneasy feeling it will not be, due to security restrictions)

But, we could certainly deploy something like this, as an external hook if
a github action doesn't work. IMO that would be a requirement if we switch
to Github Pull Requests, so as not to lose any of the old pull-request
commit revisions. Ideally, github would just fix this themselves -- but it
is within our power to do so if they do not.