[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Emilio Cobos Álvarez via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 14 16:24:31 PST 2020

On 1/8/20 2:15 AM, Bill Wendling via cfe-dev wrote:
> It's not hyperbole, but fine. How do you use it to keep multiple,
> related changes in order? The interface for reviewing and responding to
> reviews is horrific, e.g. quoting text from a review is rather bad, the
> email it sends is badly formatted and hard to read.. How do you make it
> reasonably useful? Why can't I *easily* relate changes to each other?
> Why can't I submit through the Phabricator interface, but have to go to
> the command line, place the change in a new branch, pull to top-of-tree,
> rebase, and only then push while hoping it doesn't give fail because the
> tree became out of date? How can I do a rebase through Phabricator?
FWIW, Mozilla moved to Phabricator not long ago and the revision stack
thing was a huge annoyance.

Nowadays we have tools to manage the stacks for us [1][2], and that as a
plus don't require arc/php to be installed on your system.

I don't do much LLVM / clang stuff, but submitting stuff with [1] just
works (with `moz-phab HEAD~N --no-bug`), and it should submit your last
N commits separately automatically, without having to submit them one-by
one and linking them via the web interface / annotate stuff in the
commit message.

Sorry if this is just noise, though maybe it helps.

Cheers,

  -- Emilio

[1]: https://github.com/mozilla-conduit/review
[2]: https://github.com/mystor/phlay