[cfe-dev] Will Clang use PCH format to implement C++20 module system?

Tom Honermann via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 8 08:25:31 PST 2020

But briefly, module artifact files (.bmi, .pcm, ...) are not intended for distribution; they should be treated as transient build artifacts.  At present, for some compilers, these files are not usable between different versions of the same compiler (this is the case for gcc).  Module artifact files are not a substitute for source code.

Tom.