[cfe-dev] Wframe-larger-than flag bug

Ohad Alali via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 2 06:57:04 PST 2020

Hi,

I'm compiling my project with clang version 7.0.0-3.
I added compilation flag frame-larger-than in order to warning using more
than 1024 bytes.

clang indeed warning as expected, but when I added -Werror in order to
treat the warning as error clang ignore this flag and it stays warning.

the compilation flags include also save-temps=obj, when I remove this flag
the warning treated as error.

Does save-temps flag should be related to -Werror or -Wframe-larger-than?

full compilation flags:
clang++-7 -D_SYS_LINUX_ -D_HOSTSYS_LINUX_ -D_CPU_  -D_SYS64_ -D_DEBUG_ -O2
-Wframe-larger-than=1024 -MD -Wall -save-temps=obj -Wextra -Wshadow -Werror
-g -ggdb -fPIC

Thanks,
Ohad