[cfe-dev] -analyzer-inline-max-stack-depth?

Ádám Balogh via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 25 06:03:34 PST 2020

Hello,

I am trying to add tests to Iterator Modeling where std::advance(), std::prev() and std::next() are used. These latter two use the former one, which in some implementations uses __advance(). In real scenarios it happens that std::prev() or next() or std::advance() called by them or __advance() called by that one is not inlined. I would like to test these scenarios explicitly. My idea is to limit the inline stack by using -analyzer-inline-max-stack-depth, but any value I use the result is the same: everything is inlined, even __advance(). Do I misunderstand this flag, or it does not work at all?

Regards,

Ádám