[cfe-dev] clang/bindings tests for builds constrained to certain targets

Nagurne, James via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 17 14:04:40 PST 2020

Hi all, I have a question regarding the python unittests in the clang/bindings directory.

I'm running into an issue where my LLVM check-all is failing in the 'test_tls_kinds.py' unittest file. The toolchain I've built is one whose default (and only available) target is one which has TLSSupported set to false in the clang/lib/Basic/Targets/*.(h|cpp) file.

The test unconditionally attempts to use the TLS language features and fails due to the above configuration being false.

I've found no uses of skips in this test suite other than skipping when 'os.fspath' isn't available, or when the test is run on Windows. I was hoping for a 'skip if feature not enabled'.

The only other method I've found is just to not run all of these tests at all. I can do this through a special case in the clang/bindings/python/tests CMakeLists, but I'd rather not do so unless there's no better way.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
J.B. Nagurne
Code Generation