[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Tracking values across loop iterations

Vince Bridgers via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 15 13:03:08 PST 2020

This one looks very similar, if not the same, as the case in a previous
email.

If I try to use __builtin_assume to tell the SA that len is > 0, I still
see the SA error. It seems the analyzer is exploring a case where the
expression "(len*2)" is equal to 0 from what I can see?

Does this makes sense, or perhaps I'm missing something?

Thanks - Vince

clang -cc1 -analyze  -analyzer-checker=core    test.c
test.c:14:17: warning: The left operand of '==' is a garbage value
    if (ptrs[i] == ptrs[i+len])
        ~~~~~~~ ^
1 warning generated.

The reproducer …