[cfe-dev] Clangd-9 project indexation.

Alex Babushkin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 9 23:20:50 PST 2020

Hello. Recently I've become interested in the mlpack C++ library (
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack). I've cloned the repository, ran CMake
with the option to generate compile_commands.json and tried opening the
project in emacs with lsp-mode enabled (clangd-9.0.0-2). During indexing,
there were a lot of messages in the *clangd::stderr* buffer like:
Failed to compile
/home/username/mlpack/src/mlpack/tests/linear_regression_test.cpp, index
may be incomplete
Then, after clangd finished indexing, I could not find many definitions and
many parts of the source code were highlighted red and there were error
messages like
clang: No template named 'vector' in namespace 'std'; did you mean
'std::std::vector'? (Fix available)
or
clang: Use of undeclared identifier 'arma'; did you mean 'std::arma'? (Fix
available)
(Where 'arma' is a namespace declared in armadillo, a dependency of mlpack)

Do you have any idea on what is wrong? Thank you in advance.