[cfe-dev] Build servers with pre-GCC-5 ?

Pavel Labath via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 3 00:10:39 PST 2020

Hello Gabor,

I looked into this problem not so long ago, and my conclusion was that it
is not gcc what is the limiting factor here -- clang is. Prior to
clang-3.9, we were diagnosing code like:
-----  <https://godbolt.org/z/M5Fy8w>
struct A { };
struct B { B(A&&); };

B f(A a) { return a; }
-----
Officially our minimum supported clang version is 3.5, so we need to use
std::move(a) to keep this code building.

However, I don't know if we actually have any buildbots running with
clang<3.9 to check that this is really the only thing that's needed to make
those compilers work, or if we have anyone who cares about llvm
buildability with those compilers (I certainly don't).

pl