[cfe-dev] Can clang generate COFF files on Linux host?

Magomed Kostoev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 20 06:09:25 PST 2020

Hi!

There was a technical issue in mail web client, let's try again.

Just now I wrote a linker for KolibriOS. It's based on lld-link so it only
works with COFF inputs. But my development environment is Linux. Is
there any
way to ask clang to generate COFF objects?

Or, maybe, it may be compiled with some cmake flags to make it generate
COFFs
instead of ELFs?

Currently I have to use MinGW to test the linker, but I gonna port
clang, not
MinGW, so it's better if clang could generate COFFs. Or I have to implement
both ELF and COFF objects handling in the linker.

Thanks,
Magomed