[cfe-dev] Clang support for C++20 P0929 (Checking for abstract class types)

Richard Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 17 01:11:52 PST 2020

On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 at 12:46, Tom Honermann via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Clang (trunk) does not appear to implement P0929
> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2018/p0929r2.html>,
> nor does the C++20 implementation status page
> <https://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html#cxx20> acknowledge it.  Known
> issue?

Generally we don't track DRs on the cxx_status.html page (they're tracked
on cxx_dr_status.html instead). While P0929 doesn't say so (and nor does
the motion applying it nor the core issues list), that paper is a
resolution to core issue 1640 and 1646, so in principle it would be tracked
at cxx_dr_status.html#1646 <http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_dr_status.html#1646>.
(But it's not just yet because 1646/1640 haven't been marked as resolved on
the core issues list yet.)