[cfe-dev] Tool to generate code docs

Petr Hosek via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Aug 22 00:17:36 PDT 2020

I'd recommend Julie's lighting talk from 2018 LLVM Developers’
Meeting: “clang-doc:
an elegant generator for more civilized documentation
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTzvPhKN0YI>” to learn more about the tool.

We have a bot that continuously builds and publishes HTML documentation
generated from Fuchsia's codebase to fuchsia-docs.firebaseapp.com/cpp/ to
ensure that the tool keeps working. The tools itself has been stable and
performant. However, if you open that site, you'll probably notice that the
generated output needs some work (try
https://fuchsia-docs.firebaseapp.com/cpp/zx/index.html to see a more
concrete example).

What we really need is someone with HTML, JS and CSS experience. For
example, the navigation is currently loaded synchronously and always
rendered in its entirety which is a problem for larger projects, which is
why the page load takes so long for the link I gave above. The content
itself also lacks any styling. Unfortunately, we don't have that experience
on our team and we could really use some help here.

I'm happy to review clang-doc changes if this is something you'd be
interested in contributing to.