[cfe-dev] Using clang-tool to Exact type names in template specification arguments

Oliver Zhang via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 12 20:13:58 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm using clang-tool to extract type names in template arguments. For
example,

typedef unsigned int vectors32_t[32];
> template <typename T>
> func(T *const vec) {
> }
> int main() {
>     func<vector32_t>(...);
> }

I'd like to get the type name "vector32_t" from func's template argument.
So I use clang::FunctionDecl::getTemplateSpecializationArgs() to get func's
template argument list, extract the argument from the list, and then try to
get the type name for the argument by using
clang::TemplateArgument::getAsType().getAsString(). However, "unsigned int
[32]" is returned rather than "vector32_t".

Any thoughts on how I can extract the type alias name "vector32_t" in my
above example?

Thanks,
Oliver