[cfe-dev] [RFC] Use preferred alignment instead of ABI alignment for complete object when applicable

Eli Friedman via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 12 11:46:22 PDT 2020

I don’t think using a boolean argument is appropriate here; nobody is going to pass in anything other than constant true/false, so a real name is more readable.

I guess the question here is what the “default” getTypeAlign means; either it’s the ABI alignment, and we fix all the places that want the “AIX preferred” alignment, or it’s the “AIX preferred” alignment, and we fix all the places that want the ABI alignment.  I think it’s essentially a numbers game: which one is actually more commonly used?  Please give more examples.

-Eli