[cfe-dev] ARM CPU CLI options and examples (was: Option -mtune)

Sjoerd Meijer via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 21 09:54:44 PDT 2020

I think documenting recent M and A cores would be an excellent start. An exhaustive list, also each core combination, is not very doable I think simply because of the many combinations. At least, not when generating the doc is a manual job. But even if we could auto-generate the exhaustive list, I don't know yet how useful that is if we only expect an handful of implementations per core. Too much info maybe? A curated list could be better? Again, I think the M55 is a good example. Saying this from memory I thought there were 20+ architecture combinations, but we expect these 5 to be possibly implemented...

Looking forward to the option work. So I am guessing at this point this doc work could coexist with that, and in the mean time it can help users and also us when we add new cores.

Cheers.