[cfe-dev] Generating range constraints in the static analyzer

Christoph Steefel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 17 19:24:46 PDT 2020

Hello all,

I have been looking into generating range constraints for some C programs,
in the hopes of finding potential UB for bitshift operations. However, it
seems that the existing range based constraint manager only produces
constraints for certain symbols. For other symbols, such as those generated
by arithmetic on a range bounded symbol, I found myself needing to
calculate the new range constraint myself. Is this a reasonable path
forwards, or is there some existing code that does something  similar to
this already?

I have been looking at the RangedConstraintManager, and using it's RangeSet
implementation,  but I also haven't  found where the RangeSet is actually
used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Christoph