[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] An error of asm goto occured while compiling Linux kernel 5.3

Tim Northover via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 27 01:21:34 PDT 2019

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 at 02:56, Will Lester <hslester96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have checked the building process and find the error actually happened when
> building a .o file, which is  fs/nfs/flexfilelayout/flexfilelayout.o.
>
> I am doing an analysis of kernel, therefore I use -O0 to keep details of
> source code.

Ah, these two together are probably not going to work with the code as
written (even GCC errors out on similar test-cases I've tried). You're
either going to have to avoid O0 when producing a .o file or modify
the source so it works (maybe by converting the function to a macro),
but I wouldn't be surprised if you hit other issues on that route.

Cheers.

Tim.