[cfe-dev] CFG simplification question, and preservation of branching in the original code

Joan Lluch via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 25 01:02:57 PDT 2019

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your reply. I have started looking at “CodeGenPrepare” and I assume you reffer to CodeGenPrepare::optimizeSelectInst. I will try to play a bit with that possibly later today. At first glance, it looks to me that for targets that do not support ’select’ at all, the fact that the function exits early for ‘OptSize’ can be detrimental, because this will just leave ALL existing selects in the code anyway. As said, I will try to play with that later, but right now it looks to me that maybe we should check  for TLI->isSelectSupported earlier in the function, to get some more opportunities to such targets without explicit ’select’ support?

Thanks

John