[cfe-dev] [libcxx-dev] [9.0.0 Release] Release Candidate 6 is here

Martin Storsjö via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 20 11:54:33 PDT 2019

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019, Hans Wennborg via libcxx-dev wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:05 PM Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> 9.0.0-rc6 was just tagged from the release_90 branch at r372100. In
>> the Git monorepo, it's tagged as llvmorg-9.0.0-rc6.
>
> This has now been tagged as the final 9.0.0 release. In the Git
> monorepo, it's tagged as llvmorg-9.0.0.
>
> The official release announcement will follow as soon as the source
> tarballs and docs are ready on the web page.
>
> Testers: please start building the final binaries, and I'll add them
> as they become ready.

FWIW - I've released a build of my MinGW toolchain/distribution with the
9.0.0 release now:
https://github.com/mstorsjo/llvm-mingw/releases/tag/20190920
(Normally I use random trunk versions after a bit of testing.)

It's clearly not an official llvm/clang release or anything like that like
the other ones posted here in this thread, but still a convenient package
of compiler and sdk, and available for both x86 and arm windows (in
addition to use as cross compiler from linux).

// Martin