[cfe-dev] clang-tidy: SIGSEGV in clang::Type::isDependentType (8.0.1 and llvm-svn: 371920)

Simon Sandström via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 14 15:34:56 PDT 2019

On 14/09, Simon Sandström wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a segmentation fault when running clang-tidy. It happens
> both on clang-tidy-8 installed on Debian testing (1:8.0.1-3+b1) and
> built on llvm-svn: 371920 (git commit 8f6d40e9b1 on github
> llvm/llvm-project).
>
> gdb output below, sorry if it's messy:
>
> ---
> ---
>
> Is this crash known/reported? I can give you more info if needed, or try
> to attach the source files but I'm not sure how much is needed in order
> to reproduce the crash.
>
> Thanks
>  - Simon

Hi again,

I was able to reduce the source to just 19 loc and two headers,
<sstream> and <boost/asio.hpp> (from libboost-all-dev 1.67.0.2).

Note that the reduced source does not compile and it didn't compile
when I first got the crash, but I guess that clang-tidy shouldn't
crash in either case.

Attached is source file and compile command database (need to adjust
paths). It crashes with default checks, e.g. just `clang-tidy a.cc`.

- Simon