[cfe-dev] Clang-tidy Qt Creator Integration

Maria Kosche via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 11 05:25:49 PDT 2019

Hi all,
For checking some code according some custom code conventions, I cloned the llvm repository and wrote two checks for clang-tidy. Using the clang-tidy executable I already know that my checks behave as expected.
Until now I integrated my custom clang-tidy executable in Qt Creator by using it as an external tool and passing it some options accordingly. This also works.
Now I know, that the original clang-tidy/clazy is integrated in the Qt Creator. In the documentation on Extra Clang Tools 10 I found a page named "Clang-tidy IDE/Editor Integrations". Qt Creator is here marked as being to able to use a custom clang-tidy binary and I would like to use that somehow. Can I find somewhere any more information about this or has someone already achieved replacing the Qt Creator's clang and can give me a hint on how to do so? So far I tried to statically link clang-tidy into the clang executable and placed it in the Qt Creator's clang folder (along some libs), but this is not giving me any results yet.
I would be happy if you could tell me if I'm on the right track or if there is something else I should do or try.
Thanks and greetings,
Mia