[cfe-dev] How to use clang-tidy for smaller projects

Robert Underwood via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 28 07:00:35 PDT 2019

Jonathan,

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 3:06 PM Jonathan Coe <jbcoe at me.com> wrote:

> I wonder if enough of clang tidy functionality is exposed through libclang and python that you could do some clang-tidy-lite work with python tooling?

libclang can do some of what I am looking for, but I would need to
reinvent the wheel for several of the tools provided by clang-tidy
such as re-writing support, compilation database support, astMatcher
support.  Not that I couldn't do that in a pinch, It would be
potentially substantially less dev-time to just use libtooling and
endure the long compile times.

Yes, I could use visitors to do most of what I want, but the matcher
API is substantially more intuitive to me.

Respectfully,
Robert