[cfe-dev] RecursiveASTVisitor documentation

Shraiysh Vaishay via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 15 03:17:38 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Recently I was working on a project writing AST-Visitors in Clang. The
documentation provided by Doxygen does not list all the functions that can
be overwritten in the `RecursiveASTVisitor` class. The functions declared
using pragmas do not seem to be read by Doxygen.

For example, one can override the VisitIfStmt, but it is not in the
documentation
<https://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1RecursiveASTVisitor.html>  [
https://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1RecursiveASTVisitor.html].
It is defined include/clang/AST/StmtNodes.inc # 855
<https://code.woboq.org/llvm/include/clang/AST/StmtNodes.inc.html#855> and
included from clang/include/clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h # 372
<https://code.woboq.org/llvm/clang/include/clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h.html#372>
.

Please let me know if this is a known issue and someone is working on it. I
would like to help in it.

Regards,
Shraiysh