[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] DebugInfo work contribution and update.

Pavel Labath via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 10 02:34:40 PDT 2019

Hello Sourabh, David, others,

Like David said I am currently looking at the consumption side of
debug_loclists, and my main angle is being able to reuse that parser in
lldb (which has its own dwarf parser for the most part, but it is trying
to move away from that). However, I've been busy with other stuff lately
and so I haven't done much work there, but hopefully things will clear
up now.

On 09/10/2019 21:11, David Blaikie wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM Robinson, Paul <paul.robinson at sony.com
> <mailto:paul.robinson at sony.com>> wrote:
>
>     Welcome Sourabh,____
>
>     __ __
>
>     There are many bits of DWARF-5 that haven’t been implemented.
>

> Got a short list, by chance?

My pet missing feature is the debug_names+type units combo, which
currently does not work due to the interaction of opportunistic type
unit creation and eager insertion of type names into the index.

cheers,
pl