[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Moving toward Discord and Discourse for LLVM's discussions

Mads Ravn via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 20 23:05:43 PST 2019

I might be biased on the issue because I already use IRC for so many other
purposes. I love the status quo.

But we are talking about people coding C++ and especially people who want
to contribute to LLVM. LLVM is a rather complex machine. I don't feel like
installing mIRC or whatever user-friendly IRC client should be too complex
compared to fetching, compiling, contributing, testing and finally pushing
to the LLVM project.

Would our efforts be better focused elsewhere? Better guides for
introductions or perhaps a handful of people volunteering for helping some
hopefuls to get started?

Best regards,
Mads Ravn