[cfe-dev] FYI: LLVM Phabricactor notifications.

Bader, Alexey via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 30 09:31:06 PDT 2019

Hi,

I think some of contributors to the Clang received a notifications about some commits done in the past.
I wanted to share my thoughts on why it might has happened.

I think the commits from this PR https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/13 were pulled by Phabricator (probably with aim to review GitHub pull requests in https://reviews.llvm.org/ environment).

The PR has 2000+ commit, most of which are some old commits from the master branch, and when Phabricator pulled the commits from PR, it sent a notification to the commit author (or committer).

Probably we can do something to avoid this situation in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alexey