[cfe-dev] Filing bug-report with a attachment that is larger than 1MB?

degski via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 5 20:21:59 PDT 2019

On Sun, 5 May 2019 at 20:46, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you can, try to reduce the overall test case (CReduce can help here
> https://embed.cs.utah.edu/creduce/ ) - running it through a
> preprocessor...

The file is the file produced by clang's pre-processor automatically when
an ICE occurs, it's is full of comments added to it by clang, that are
destined for the human to understand why different bits of code are there
and where they came from. My code is 14 lines long and that includes the
return statement in main(), which I can strip :-) .

Fact is clang produces 440'000+ lines of code, which after compression with
LZMA at the highest compression level reduces to 1.5MB, which is over the
pathetic maximum of 1000KB, sorry for that, welcome in the 21st century.

>From the creduce repo: " Before compiling C-Reduce yourself, you might want
to see if your OS comes with a precompiled package for C-Reduce. Ubuntu,
Debian, Gentoo, and Mac OS X (Homebrew) all do. For example, on OS X: "

I checked, my package manager [vcpkg] doesn't carry creduce.

I can email you the archive, then you can do the gymnastics with creduce
[ffs] and add it to bug report 41745.

Please indicate how to proceed.

degski
--