[cfe-dev] Clang crashing unexpectedly

Zoe Carver via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 15 19:18:01 PDT 2019

I found that clang crashes when it should not. I brought up the issue in
the LLVM IRC channel earlier and was told to send an email describing the
problem (the LLVM Bugzilla has not verified me yet).

Here is a simple example of a program which crashes:

int main () {

return __builtin_coro_size();

}

This behavior happens with many of the coroutine builtins. Take another
example:

void* alloc = malloc(1024);

void* ptr = __builtin_coro_begin(alloc);

return __builtin_coro_free(ptr);

Here is a Godbolt to help demonstrate the problem:
https://godbolt.org/z/L1v1rs

I *think *(but totally might be wrong) that the issue has to do with clang
("CGBuiltin.cpp") returning a different type than was specified in
"Builtins.def".

Anyway, let me know if you have questions. Hope this helps.