[cfe-dev] [C++ modules] Is there any way to add api information into object files?

Yafei Liu via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 13 00:44:31 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I just know that Modules has voted in C++20, and I checked the
documentation about how Clang implement this feature, correct me if I'm
wrong: the third party libraries are keep the same (headers, .so/.a files),
and to make modules work, someone needs to add a module map file which can
be find by compilers and using it to find the header. And without doing the
#include copy thing, the compiler directly find the API the code use.

my question is, if I'm writing a new library(no code legacy problem), can I
some how abandon headers, just API meta data and shared libraries?

For example, just like java(which add API information in .class file), is
there any trying on adding API meta data to a object file?