[cfe-dev] Building linux kernel with clang

Craig Topper via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 6 23:39:23 PST 2019

Only half of the patches for asm-goto has been merged. The backend
optimizer support is in, but not the frontend. As the article said "while
patches are pending <https://reviews.llvm.org/D56571> against Clang to add
the necessary bits to the C/C++ compiler front-end."

The clang patch is being code reviewed here https://reviews.llvm.org/D56571
We hope to get it merged within the next couple weeks.

~Craig