[cfe-dev] Question about passing -v -save-temps cmd args to clang++

Anton Korobeynikov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 1 00:24:40 PST 2019

Hello

> Question: When I pass `-v save-temps` options to clang++, I was expecting to see the command line for both `opt` and `llc` in the expanded command line output, but, I don't see it. What am I missing?
Nothing. Neither opt nor llc are executed by clang. Both of them are
developer-side tools and not intended for "end-user consumption".
clang calls LLVM API directly both for optimization and
codegeneration.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University