[cfe-dev] Error : clang (8.0) *unknown arch 0xe0* for Ubuntu 18.04

Chris Bieneman via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 20 10:54:36 PDT 2019

I don't really have enough information to know for sure, but it looks like your clang was installed for cuda. It is reporting the default target as amdgcn, which is a GPU. So it looks like you're compiling your test program for the GPU then trying to run it on the CPU.

If you want to build CPU code, I would suggest installing a new clang distribution to get a compiler that has the host as its default target.

-Chris