[cfe-dev] [Analyzer] Stores to symbolic region

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 29 17:34:27 PDT 2019

Ugh, this looks like a bug. The values are there:

   (SymRegion{reg_$0<struct xy * pxy>}, 0, direct):
lazyCompoundVal{0x7fb05e8ac060,val}

Where Store 0x7fb05e8ac060 has the contents that we're looking for:

   (val, 0, direct): 10 S32b
   (val, 32, direct): 10 S32b

But we don't *load* them correctly.

I suspect that this is happening because the lazyCompoundVal binding is
direct even though normally it should be a default binding. I'll take a
look. This sounds pretty bad, but also it's not as bad as it sounds
because it's a combination of specific kinds of values when classified
by their origin rather than by their structure. Normally assigning
structures into each other works correctly.