[cfe-dev] readability-identifier-naming broken for GlobalConstantCase

Martin Lampacher via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 15 04:22:34 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm currently using clang-tidy to automatically check style guides. I noticed that the StaticConstantCase doesn't seem to work. I have the following CheckOptions for constants:

    - { key:  readability-identifier-naming.StaticConstantCase,                  value:  camelBack       }
    - { key:  readability-identifier-naming.ConstantCase,                           value:  camelBack       }
    - { key:  readability-identifier-naming.LocalConstantCase,                  value:  camelBack        }
    - { key:  readability-identifier-naming.GlobalConstantCase,                value:  CamelCase       }

The .c file that I'm trying to run the check on has the constant as listed in the example in it:

static unsigned const myConstStaticArray[] = {1, 2, 3};

but this still throws "invalid case style for global constant 'myConstantStaticArray". This is really a static/local constant, both of them have the same option configuration but somehow clang-tidy sees it as global.

Any help appreciated :)

Cheers,
Martin