[cfe-dev] Clang-format customization options

Michal Szostek via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 8 08:08:04 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to customize .clang-format to format project code. One thing I wasn't able to customize was function arguments being combined into a single line - even if the line is within the established column limit, I would like to be able to split the argument line into multiple lines if I so desire. After browsing documentation I wasn't able to find such option. Did I miss it or is it currently impossible to format code in such a way using clang-format? If so is this a customization you consider adding, or is it not a desired option (inherently difficult to implement or just undesired)?

Best regards,
MichaƂ Szostek.