[cfe-dev] [RFC] Adding a different mode of "where clang spends time" reporting (timeline/flamegraph style)

Aras Pranckevicius via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 27 23:26:33 PST 2019

> *Have you considered putting begin/end markers in the lexer for when we
> enter and leave a file, to make it easier to see which header files are
> expensive?*

Not the lexer per se, but my current patch does have sections for "which
files the frontend spends time on", that I implemented by adding begin/end
sections in SemaPPCallbacks (code around here
https://github.com/aras-p/llvm-project-20170507/pull/2/files#diff-2856c75f844d1133220fc68717852bf1R98
).

The files are visible in any tracing viewer, e.g. SpeedScope (
https://www.speedscope.app/) nicely displays their filenames:
http://aras-p.info/img/blog/2019/clang-timetrace-speedscope.png

--
Aras Pranckevičius