[cfe-dev] what is difference the between "swift clang (in apple opensource )" and "default clang (in xcode)" related to bitcode?

YoungJun Lee via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 20 23:00:14 PST 2019

Oh..

I am using open source version that is not released with Swift.
(swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2018-03-05-a version)

So I will try to build archive using open source version with released with
Swift 4.1.2.

Thanks.

Best regards..

- YoungJun Lee

2019년 1월 21일 (월) 오후 2:11, Kristina Brooks <notstina at gmail.com>님이 작성:

> It's not really officially supported, though it's hard to tell, what
> revision of ld64 and cctools are you using? Also what does `clang -v`
> print out? As far as I know AppleClang is slightly different to the
> open source version released with Swift, though it's equally possible
> you're using the wrong linker/cctools revision or using a trunk
> version of LLVM/Clang instead of the one corresponding to the XCode
> release.
>
> Thanks.
> - Kristina
>
> On 21/01/2019 04:32, YoungJun Lee via cfe-dev wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >

> > I tried to make the archive of my app that is compiled using
> swift-clang(opensource : https://github.com/apple/swift-clang )
> >
> > Making archive of my application is successed, But I can't upload
> AppStore.
> >
> > I received to mail from "App Store Connect".
> >

> > The contents of the email are as follows.
> >

> > "Invaild Bundle - The app cannot be processed because options not
> allowed to be embedded in bitcode are detected in the
> > submission. It is likely that you are not building the app with the
> toolchain provided in Xcode. Rebuild your entire app
> > with the latest GM Xcode and submit the app again."
> >

> > My environment of compile are as follows.
> >

> > Xcode version : 9.4.1
> >
> > Compiler : opensource swift clang (LLVM)
> >
> > Bitcode : enable
> >

> > What is difference the between "swift clang (in apple opensource )" and
> "default clang (in xcode)" related to bitcode?
> >

> > Please give me a solution.
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Best regards...
> >

> > --