[cfe-dev] Fw: [llvm-dev] Aggressive optimization opportunity

Zheng CZ Chen via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 17 04:20:20 PST 2019

Hi guys,

I posted this discussion and some one said this should be discussed in
cfe-dev. So forward it here, sorry for the long mail.

My question is: is it possible to add a clang option to make cfe set all
function pointer parameters with restrict attribute as if user add a
keyword 'restrict' for this parameter?

Reason why I make this proposal is because some compiler like IBM XL has
similar option -qrestrict for performance tuning.
If we confirm functionality is right, adding this kind of option will make
application run faster. There is a small example in my first mail.

Thanks in advance and look forward to your answer.

BRS//
Chen Zheng
Power Compiler Backend Developer

----- Forwarded by Zheng CZ Chen/China/IBM on 2019/01/17 08:11 PM -----