[cfe-dev] [asan] Turn “-mllvm -asan-detect-invalid-pointer-pair” into a driver option?

Pierre Gousseau via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 11 09:01:15 PST 2019

Before looking into proposing a patch, I want to ask if there is already a
plan for turning -asan-detect-invalid-pointer-pair into a driver option?

Is it still considered an experimental feature?

Should we use the same name as gcc 8? ie -fsanitize=pointer-substract and
-fsanitize=pointer-compare?

“-fsanitize=” accepts up to 64 values and has reached its maximum capacity
it seems?

Is there any sanitizer that can be removed or should we look at extending
its capacity?

Many thanks!