[cfe-dev] Combining floatLiteral() Node Matcher with isExpansionInFileMatching() Narrowing Matcher provides unexpected results

Roman Lebedev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 10 09:25:05 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:07 AM FarSight Studios via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> > M_E is a macro and that macro is expanded in your
> >
> > double varX = M_E;
> >
> > line. The expansion is not in math.h. The expansion is in the main file.
> >
> > http://ec2-18-191-7-3.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com:10240/z/qRMj-W
>
> Thank you so much for the explanation
You probably want to take a look at clang's PPCallbacks, they would allow you
to be informed when such macro expansion happens.

> > By the way, we have a llvm channel on the cpplang slack
> > (https://cpplang.slack.com). That is a more suitable venue for your
> > questions. This is the development mailing list.
>
> I am sorry that I posted the questions in the wrong place. I didn't know that clang has a slack channel.
This is the right place.
I'm not sure a slack channel is more official place.
There are also IRC channels (e.g. see #llvm).

Roman.