[cfe-dev] Measuring compilation performance

Robert Dailey via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 10 08:26:38 PST 2019

Thanks for the advice. Last time I used IWYU, it created more problems
than it solved. It doesn't quite work very well for large code bases.

I guess you could technically perform a per-header-file analysis even
after the preprocessor has gone through files, by keeping track of the
"markers" where that code is concatenated for the actual compile. But
this would be introspection only available to Clang itself I guess,
which would mean a new clang feature.