[cfe-dev] TSan on Windows?

JVApen via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 1 04:22:03 PST 2019

Hello all,

Clang(-cl) on windows has matured well over the last couple of years.
A long time ago, I've started making our code base compatible with
clang-cl, at a time that `try` and `throw` where not yet supported for this
platform.

Since that point, I've logged several bugs, did way too many commits on our
code and upgraded clang executables several times.
With the first executables actually being able to run (in full debug
builds), a world of opportunities is available.
I was positively surprised to see UBSAN work out-of-the box. (given some
false positives in non-standard code, which I still have to fix)

Unfortunately, TSAN ain't supported as indicated on
https://clang.llvm.org/docs/ThreadSanitizer.html and gives a compilation
error when you try it.
Are their active plans to get this activated on Windows in the near future?
If not, would it be feasible for a newbie in llvm-code to look at this?

Happy new year!
JVApen