[cfe-dev] Updated documentation on cross building LLVM for Musl

Croepha via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 18 18:03:46 PST 2019

Someone requested that I re-post this from cfe-users:

I spent some time figuring out how to get Clang and related tools to build
against musl starting from a GNU libc system.  The result is a GNU-less (no
libgcc, libstdc++, and GNU LD, AR...) toolchain. I figured I'd share in the
hopes that someone else may find it useful...

Note:  Clang and friends works as expected, but I couldn't get the
sanitizers to build against Musl, so that is the only limitation that I am
aware of...

Full doc here:
https://gist.github.com/croepha/cdaf30638109b1a949f35aa215a7c86d

--Dave