[cfe-dev] Regression testing with lit on a constrained toolchain

Nagurne, James via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 18 17:13:04 PST 2019

Forgive me if this is common knowledge amongst the more experienced here, but I'm currently confused by the lit regression tests.
I'm currently working to validate a Clang/LLVM toolchain, hosted on a Mac OS, which only supports a select number of baremetal ARM targets.

Specifically, the test Driver/darwin-ld-dedup.c fails due to not having available targets compatible with 'x86_64-apple-macosx10.6.0'. As far as I'm concerned, this target is a do-not-care for me.
Another that seems suspect is Index/pch-from-libclang.c, which also sets the triple directly to x86_64-apple-darwin.

My target triple does indeed look correct (arch is arm), and the host triple is x86_64-apple-darwin*.

Lit supports REQUIRED checking the target triple, but such checks just don't appear in these failing tests.
Is this not a common enough problem, or might I be missing something fundamental in my understanding?

Thanks,
J.B. Nagurne
Code Generation
Texas Instruments