[cfe-dev] [Clang Tools] Source-to-source transformations

Marcos Horro Varela via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 3 12:54:04 PST 2019

Michael, Yitzhak,

Thank you so much for your comments. I think I will go with the ASTFrontendAction in detriment of clang-tidy in order to have more "freedom" when writing the tool. Nonetheless, I am quite concerned regarding my decision of not modifying the AST. Maybe using the TreeTransform helper would be a better decision. On the other hand, I do not see the utility of performing modifications in the AST; could you provide me an example where it is useful rather than "just parsing and replacing code"?
Again, thank you so much.

Best regards,

--

Marcos Horro