[cfe-dev] Clang AST: how to get more precise debug information in certain cases?

Stanislav Pankevich via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 23 02:03:27 PDT 2019

Just closing the loop here. Back then, I found the solution on Stack Overflow:

Use the Lexer module:

"""
clang::SourceManager *sm;
clang::LangOptions lopt;

std::string decl2str(clang::Decl *d) {
    clang::SourceLocation b(d->getLocStart()), _e(d->getLocEnd());
    clang::SourceLocation e(clang::Lexer::getLocForEndOfToken(_e, 0,
*sm, lopt));
    return std::string(sm->getCharacterData(b),
        sm->getCharacterData(e)-sm->getCharacterData(b));
}
"""

"Getting the source behind clang's AST",
https://stackoverflow.com/a/11154162/598057.