[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Clang Static Analyzer and Clang Tidy regression tests

Alexander Zaitsev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 26 02:06:16 PDT 2019

Hi!

For Clang Static Analyzer (CSA) and for Clang Tidy there are a lot of
unit-tests. That's great, but from my point of view running CSA and
clang tidy *regularly *on some set of real life projects and comparing
the results between runs is also important to check any regressions.

Now I know that for CSA there are set of useful scripts in
'clang/utils/analyzer' but didn't find anything similar for clang-tidy.

My questions are:

 1. Are there any buildbots which test CSA and/or Clang Tidy on some set
    of projects regularly? If there are not any buildbots - is it
    possible to setup it?
 2. I didn't find anything about regression testing in official
    documentation. I think a note about regression testing has to be
    added to the documentation: how it works now, how to it for your
    code, etc. Now we have just small note about running unit-tests -
    https://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/checker_dev_manual.html#testing

Thank you.

--
Best regards,