[cfe-dev] A bit of help with Clang C++ header search paths

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 22 13:35:17 PDT 2019

It looks like I just answered my question with this comment found in CC1:

void InitHeaderSearch::AddDefaultIncludePaths(...) {
  // NB: This code path is going away. All of the logic is moving into the
  // driver which has the information necessary to do target-specific
  // selections of default include paths. Each target which moves there will be
  // exempted from this logic here until we can delete the entire pile of code.

So it looks like this only happens on a few platforms (including Darwin), and this is just technical debt we need to get rid of. That makes sense to me and I'll try to take a stab at it.

Louis