[cfe-dev] GSoD: analyzer checker docs?

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 19 19:45:47 PDT 2019

I don't fully understand this either, but it's pretty hard to imagine
that somebody from outside would be able to quickly understand how
Static Analyzer works and uses this understanding solely for describing
how it works. Even a GSoC student doesn't necessarily gather enough
understanding throughout a summer of practical work on the analyzer to
write such docs. On the other hand, about the docs that are scattered
around - it's bad that they're scattered around, but they themselves
aren't that bad (well, at least, i arrogantly believe they aren't that
bad), just hard to find. I mean, they don't look like something that
somebody should write for us; we'll probably do a better job writing
in-depth docs because we're writing it for ourselves and we know what we
need.