[cfe-dev] Feature request: Don't warn for specified "unknown" attribute

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 19 10:46:38 PDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 10:23 AM Matt Asplund via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I agree, I am playing around with using attributes to annotate my code for style checking and code gen for a test framework and have had to turn off attributes warnings entirely. It would be nice to be able to register custom attributes to the know set so clang can ignore them.

Does the proposed patch/design not address your use case here? (a
warning that ignores all attributes in unknown namespaces) - your
style checker and code generator could/should/would use custom
namespaces for their attributes, unknown to Clang so those would be
ignored with this new warning category & there would be no need to
register custom attributes to the known set.

- Dave